Sunday 14 February 2010

Building KRename trunk from SVN

I just noticed that there is no up to date documentation on how to build KRename trunk from SVN on our website. Well, everyone who is interested in getting the latest version of KRename and does not want to wait for the next release - these are the steps to get KRename trunk from SVN and build it.


svn co https://krename.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/krename/trunk krename
cd krename
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR ../
make
sudo make install


This assumes that $KDEDIR is an environment variable pointing to your KDE installation. You can set $KDEDIR using the following bash command:

export KDEDIR=/usr


Most other KDE applications can be built the same way.

1 comment:

Jie Janet said...

I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site to buy swiss chopard replica